Monday, October 17, 2011

QRP Rocks !!

I noticed over the past few days ...
 that lot's of QRP ops have been working the T32C DXpedition.
I have heard over and over how well T32C could hear.
So I thought what the heck ... I noticed they were on 10 meters calling CQ...
so I fired up my Elecraft K2 turned it down to 5 watts and threw in my call.
The first call did'nt make it ....
But the second call BINGO !!
I worked them at 22:13 Z on 28.018
Split ... Up 1
Now I know you're sayng  ....
Of course you worked them with a big yagi at 100 ft
Well this time that's not the case
I wanted to do it the hard way so I used my OCF sloper at 60 ft.
So T32C is in the log using 5 watts and a wire sloper.
It doesn't get much better than that !!
The Magic of radio ... what can I say.

73 de N4LA

1 comment:

VE9KK said...

Great news Todd, I am yet to even hear T32C as of yet!!! but having said that I was really not on during the weekend lots of other stuff that had to be done.