I decided to go out and explore the property behind my qth today.
I found a really nice spot for portable ops.
I live on a small ridge line here in Randolph county....
and this afternoon I found the highest spot on the ridge line...
it's located about 1/2 mile behind my home qth.
I set up my qrp gear and operated for just over an hour....
the picture above is what I took out on the trail today.
1. 100 ft of masonry twine & a golf ball ... works great for limbs up to 35 ft
2. Clipboard and note pad for logging
3. 6 ft X 8 ft ground cloth
4. My backpack for the entire qrp station
5. My antenna 28 ft Radiator & 3 X 16 ft radials
6. Splitter for headphones and cw reader
8.. Power cord for A123 battery ... Not Used Today
9 .MFJ CW Reader ... in case my brain freezes up !!
10. Palm Mini Paddle
11. Elecraft KX1 Transceiver
I had 4 contacts within an hour ...
N5PJ ... Perry in OK ... 20 meters
N0EVH ... John in MO... 20 meters
HA7UG ... Laci in Hungary ... 20 meters
WB3AAL ... Ron in PA ... 40 meters
Not bad ... for a speaker wire vertical and 2 watts !!
73 de N4LA / qrp